Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link: doc, Options menu, customize groups

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link: doc, Options menu, customize groups
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 03:13:56 -0400

    I tried looking in Customize by browsing groups. Starting at the top, I
    didn't see anything about "mouse", so I tried group "convenience" - to no
    avail.

It should be somewhere under the group hypermedia.  (It could be in
other places too.)

    After I searched my emacs-devel email and found the name
    `mouse-1-follows-link', I searched Info for that, still to no avail. I tried

That name doesn't seem to exist as a variable.
The right name is mouse-1-click-follows-link.

     - Shouldn't this option be described in the Emacs manual?

It is.

     - Should this option perhaps be added to the Options menu?

I don't think so.

     - Does it perhaps make sense to add _all_ options to the Options menu that
    change commonly used behavior from the previous Emacs version?

No, it is far too much.  We decide these one by one.
To adopt a uniform policy is a mistake.