define-derived-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: define-derived-mode
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 20:01:07 -0500 (CDT)

`define-minor-mode' and `define-generic-mode' generate defcustoms for
their mode hooks, `define-derived-mode' does not.  I am not really sure
that it is such a great idea to have `define-minor-mode' and
`define-generic-mode' spew out all these automatic defcustoms, but
given that they do that, it seems rather strange and inconsistent that
`define-derived-mode' does not.  I would guess that people more often
want to customize major mode hooks than minor mode hooks.

Sincerely,

Luc.