Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 07:28:07 +0300

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 14:54:14 +1200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Yes. locate-file seems useful enough to justify a description in the Lisp
> Reference Manual.

Agreed.  And it will be, now that it's in NEWS and not marked as
already documented.

> However, I don't see why it should get an entry in NEWS as it isn't
> a user-visible change.

??? Entries in NEWS are subdivided into several categories; one of
them is "Lisp changes in Emacs X.YZ".  locate-file is a function that
didn't exist in previous versions, so it's a Lisp-level change.
Moreover, we want Lisp programmers to know about it because it
performs its job in a way that hides system dependencies while doing
TRT.  It also was important enough to require a new primitive,
locate-file-internal.  All of these IMHO point to the fact that
locate-file should be in NEWS.