Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 22:02:25 +0300

> Cc: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 13:31:20 -0400
>
> Actually, looking at the definition of executable-find, I'm surprised it
> doesn't use locate-file.

IIRC, executable-find was in existence longe before you added
locate-file.

> The new code is nothing else than a call to locate-file and I'd argue
> that Eli's change from executable-find to locate-file is a bad idea and
> instead we should simply move executable-find from executable.el to
> subr.el.

Well, if you are going to use integer values as the last arg to
locate-file (which is deprecated usage, as the doc string says), why
not call locate-file-internal directly and save a few cycles?

Also, I think this should go into files.el, not subr.el, since
locate-file is in files.el.

Other than that, I don't mind; I think that executable-find indeed
doesn't belong in executable.el.