Re: hack-local-variables

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: hack-local-variables
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 18:45:53 -0400

    The behavior of `hack-local-variables' has recently been changed.

I don't see any recent change.  What change do you mean?

      The patch below updates the Elisp manual.  I can
    install if desired.

Please do.

    Since this is an incompatible change, should it also be mentioned in
    the NEWS?

I think mentioning such minor details would only add clutter; it would
get in the way of reading the changes people want to know about.
So please don't.