Re: flyspell bug

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:14:47 +0300

To my surprise I just discovered that the latest development release of
ispell.el at http://kdstevens.com/~stevens/ispell-page.html already
supports the option to choose between ispell and aspell:

(defcustom ispell-prefer-aspell nil
  "*Select preference between using the `ispell' or `aspell' program.
`ispell' is used by default.
When this variable is set, `aspell' is used if it is installed on the system."
  :type 'boolean
  :group 'ispell)

(defcustom ispell-program-name
  (or (and (exec-installed-p "aspell")
           (or ispell-prefer-aspell
               (not (exec-installed-p "ispell")))
           "aspell")
      "ispell")
  "Program invoked by \\[ispell-word] and \\[ispell-region] commands."
  :type 'string
  :group 'ispell)

This seems right to me.  Are there any reasons why the latest
development release of ispell.el is not synced with Emacs CVS?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/