Re: called by a process filter?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: called by a process filter?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:10:33 -0600

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Could you give us more info about what you're trying to do.  Maybe
> there's a better way.

There certainly is a better way, suggested on gnu.emacs.sources several
years ago by Dave Love, but I haven't had the time to properly
generalize it.  What I'd like to do right now is help someone using my
legacy code, with a patch to work around this problem.

You are also correct, that this after-change-function implements a minor
mode, and that I'm hoping for a general solution like Richard proposed
(vs. advising every filter function as Kim proposed).  It just seems to
me that the command loop info variables and functions ought to return
distinctly different values forms are evaluated outside of that context.

--
Kevin Rodgers