Re: Overlay arrow in *compilation* and *grep* buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Overlay arrow in *compilation* and *grep* buffers
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:58:45 -0400

    But at this stage, if people had respected the feature freeze, the
    new features in 22.1 would have stabilized by now ... it's the
    constant addition of "tiny" things that keep messing things up
    and postponing the release (e.g. the comment font lock thing).

The main cause of delay is that there are substantial jobs that need
to be done which people are not doing.  For instance, only two people
have worked on updating copyright years; they have done part of the
sources, but more remains.  And there is still work to be done on the
manual.

FOR-RELEASE shows we are not yet close to being ready.

I'm not criticizing you personally, since you have done a lot of
debugging of hard bugs, and that was also essential for the release.