Re: make-mode.el syntax highlighting bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: make-mode.el syntax highlighting bug
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:28:28 -0400

        @echo 'The following files were installed:'

    The last line is erroneously fontified with `makefile-targets-face':

This is because makefile-dependency-regex matches that line.  I can
see why that happens; however, I don't understand the intended
functioning of that regexp well enough to think about fixing the
problem.  I have long forgotten the details of obscure kinds of
makefile syntax that it is trying to match.

Is there someone here who has the knowledge necessary to work on this
problem efficiently?