Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:50:13 +0200

>     It is the backlight that is consuming the bulk of the power, not the
>     color cells.  So if you are worried about battery power, you should be
>     using only black and white and turn the backlight down as much as
>     possible with this setting.
>
> The keyboard has functions to raise and lower the brightness; how
> would I control the backlight separately?

By raising and lowering the brightness settings...

> (What exactly is the backlight, anyway?)

The thing that is shining from behind your LCD screens.  You'll notice
that there is a difference between a nominally black screen and a
switched-off screen.  The difference is the backlight shining through
the LCDs which don't block the light from the backlight absolutely
even when switched to "black".

Not sure whether "backlight" is the right expression.  It is the light
source for the LCD, anyway.