Your Assistance Needed!!!

From: Chiao Chien
Subject: Your Assistance Needed!!!
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:13:50 +0800

Greetings to you,

How are you today and business in your country? I am Mr. Chiao Chien, Bank
Manager of a bank in China. I would respectfully request that you keep the
contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information
you come by as a result of this mail. I contacted you independently of our
investigation and no one is informed of this communication.I would like to
intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you. I
know you would be wondering why I am writing you with a request such as this
but I only urge you to read on.

In November 1999, a British Oil consultant/contractor with the Chinese Solid
Minerals Corporation, made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar
months, valued at some millions of United states dollars in my branch. Upon
maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address in America
and Britain but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we
discovered from his contract employers, the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation
contractor died alongside his wife,from an airplane crash. The bank immediately
launched an investigation into possible surviving next of kin to alert about
the situation and also to come forward to claim his estate. If you are familiar
with private banking affairs, those who patronize our services usually prefer
anonymity, but also some levels of detachment from conventional processes. In
his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin. In the field of private banking,
opening an account with us means no one will know of its existence, accounts
are rarely held under a name; depositors use numbers and codes to make the
accounts anonymous. This bank also gives the choice to depositors of having
their mail sent to them or held at the bank itself, ensuring that there are no
traces of the account and as I said, rarely do they nominate next of kin.
Private banking clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in
most cases leave wills in our care, in this case; the British Oil
consultant/contractor died interstate.

In line with our internal processes for account holders who have passed away,
we instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who should have
right to claim the estate. This investigation has for the past months been
unfruitful. We have scanned every continent and used our private investigation
affiliate companies to get to the root of the problem. This money has since
been sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the
principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim
it. According to the Laws of Republic of China, at the expiration of 6
(six)years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Chinese Government if
nobody applies to claim the funds. What I wish to relate to you will smack of
unethical practice but I want you to understand something. It is only an
outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking
world aberrational. The world of banking especially is fraught with huge
rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios.
You should have begun by now to put together the general direction of what I
propose. There is a large sum of money deposited in my bank, I alone have the
deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless evidence of
relationship with the deceased, which I shall provide you with, is presented. I
alone know of the existence of this deposit for as far as my Bank is concerned,
the bank's management has no single idea of what?s the history or nature of the
deposit. They are simply awaiting instructions to release the deposit to any
party that comes forward.

This is the situation. This bank has spent great amounts of money trying to
track this man's family; they have investigated for months and have found no
family.The investigation has come to an end. Consequently, my proposal is thatI
will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to the deceased so
that the fruits of this old man's labour will not get into the hands of some
corrupt government officials. Acting in this capacity really is simple, all you
have to do is provide your full names and address so that an attorney here can
prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as
the next of kin. We shall employ the services of an attorney for drafting and
notarization of the WILL and to obtain the necessary authentication, approval
and a letter of probate/administration in your favour for the transfer to be
done. A bank account in any part of the world that you then provide me with
will then facilitate the transferof this money to you as the beneficiary/next
of kin. The money will be paid into your account for us to share 80/20.

I am aware of the consequences of this proposal. I ask that if you find no
interest in this project that you should discard this mail. I ask that do not
be vindictive and destructive. If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this
message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you
do not approve of my proposal. You may not know this but people like myself who
have made tidy sums out of comparable situations run the whole private banking
sector. I am not a criminal and what I do, I do not find against good
conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics of my
industry dictates that I make this move. Such opportunities only come ones' way
once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by, for once I find myself
in total control of my destiny. This is my chance and i wont let it pass me by.
I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me
know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. I am a family man
and this is an opportunity to provide my family with new opportunities. There
is a reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. I have
evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is from you refusing to work
with me and alerting my bank.

There is no risk whatsoever as all the paperwork for this transaction will be
done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the
successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested in this
lucrative role, I urge you to indicate to that effect. Upon your response, if
favourable, I shall provide you with more details and relevant information that
will help you get full understanding of the transaction. If you find yourself
able to work with me, contact me through this email address. If you give me
positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a conclusion. I wish to
inform you that should you contact me via official channels; I will deny
knowing you and about this project. I repeat, I do not want you contacting me
through my official phone lines nor do I want you contacting me through my
official email account. Contact me only through the numbers I will provide for
you and also through the email address I have provided. My official lines are
not secure lines as they are periodically monitored to assess our level of
customer care in line with our Total Quality Management Policy. Please observe
this instruction religiously. Please, again, note I am a family man, I have a
wife and children. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to
what the consequences may be, but I know within me that nothing ventured is
nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of
gold. This is the one truth I have learned from my private banking clients. Do
not betray my confidence. If we can be of one accord, we should plan a meeting
soon.

In closing, please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that
this transaction would be most profitable for both of us. Upon receiving your
reply, I will then furnish you with a more comprehensive detail of this
transaction, the amount involved and what is required of you in order for us to
achieve the success of this business.

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Chiao Chien.