Updating copyright years

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Updating copyright years
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:48:57 +0200

I'm a bit puzzled by some of the recent updates of copyright years.

Specifically, I looked at emulation/cua-base.el and emulation/cua-rect.el

In the first, years 2003 and 2004 have been _deleted_.
In the second, year 2004 has been _deleted_.

There are several minor changes in 2003, and some very SIGNIFICANT
changes in 2004.

Don't we need to add copyright for those years as we didn't
actually make any official release with those changes?
The sources were still publicly available via anon-CVS.

Please clarify the policy by documenting the correct procedure
in FOR-RELEASE.