Re: Adding missing copyright years

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Adding missing copyright years
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:53:13 +0200

On 5/18/05, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> 5. Keep track of code deletions. If, at any point, enough code is
>    deleted so that the only remaining changes from some past year are
>    no longer significant, then that year should not appear in
>    copyright headers from that point onwards. This is a real PITA.

Yeah. And for Emacs 23 it must be done again. Every single change that
removes or rewrites lines (even changes below the threshold level) can
alter previous years. This is the breaking point; everything else
seems reasonable.

There Must Be A Better Way (or not, it's lawyers we're talkin' about)

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u