Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:52:56 +0200

> Better to disable image support for MSVC builds than to try to hack
> things to work by introducing redundant variables to save the values
> of other variables in.

Perhaps; note that I didn't say it wasn't a hack. OTOH, I normally use
a MSVC build and certainly don't appreciate Emacs crashing on me just
because I accidentally opened a TIFF file. But disabling all image
support seems a bit extreme.

Anyway: tiff_load is pushing EBX into the stack and getting a
different EBX when poping it out at the end of the function! I've not
yet traced it to determine what or when it's changing the stack, or
whether it is the MSVC-generated tiff_load code or the MinGW-built
TIFF libraries that are called on several spots of tiff_load, but in
any case something's afoot (as Sherlock Holmes would say).

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u