Re: how to display the NEWS file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how to display the NEWS file
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:44:30 -0400

>    I suggest to add a file variable to the NEWS file so that it is
>    displayed as if `hide-body' (C-c C-t) has been called (probably with a
>    comment how to expand the hidden sections).  Such a change makes this
>    file *much* more readable IMHO.

> I disagree.  I believe that would be confusing.  You can do C-c C-t
> anytime if you prefer to look at it that way.

I agree it would be confusing since the user would have to learn how to use
outline-mode, which is not as straight-forward as one might like.
OTOH if you also turn on reveal-mode, then it's at least easier for the user
to read the rest of the text, although she still has to come up with the
idea of trying to move into those "..." to see whether they actually stand
for something or not.

        Stefan