Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:57:13 -0400

    Introduce font-lock-comment-keywords which would basically work like
    font-lock-keywords, except it's applied only to comments (with the buffer
    narrowed to just the comment so that comment-start-skip matches correctly,
    without needing font-lock-comment-start-skip).  This way we could highlight
    all nested comments in SML, or we could highlight the "*" used on some
    continuation lines in some multiline C commenting styles, and people could
    set it to nil if they don't care about the feature, and major modes could
    add stuff to it, e.g. to highlight javadoc directives, ...

It sounds like a good method.  However, I agree that this should only
be tried after the release.  It would require additional work,
customizing various modes to support it.