Re: Bootstrap fails on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bootstrap fails on w32
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:21 +0200

On 5/23/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> The "solution" text checkout for editing, binary for compilation is, I
> must say, an idea I find appalling rather than appealing.

:)

In Emacs, if the nt/*.bat files need to be in CRLF form to allow
creating the tarball from a GNU/Linux or Unix machine, it would be
better (I think) to have a script which did the conversion just before
the tarball or some such. Having files in CVS *with* CRLF end-lines
and marked as text, not binary, is kinda... evil (not Darth
Vader-style evil, but evil nonetheless).

Also, as someone's asked, why does nt/makefile.w32-in need to be CRLF
and not the other makefile.w32-in?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u