Re: mouse-face on mode-line and header-line

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: mouse-face on mode-line and header-line
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:23:46 -0500 (CDT)

Matsatake Yamato wrote:

   > so I would say don't uninstall it just
   > yet. It fails at one point of the code. It might be a simple fix.
   I'll try. However, as far as my short inspection, it is not simple.
   Anyway, I'll take more time tonight.

Just in case it would be of any help, here is a way to produce a crash
predictably (rather than click the mouse randomly until a crash occurs).

Do `emacs -q -nbc', M-x buffer-menu.  Move the mouse over the "Buffer"
in the header line.  Everything is fine.  Then move it over "Size".
Instantaneous crash.

If you manage to fix this, then as a much less serious detail, could you
also get rid of the trailing whitespace you produced?  (Set
show-trailing-whitespace to t).

Sincerely,

Luc.