Re: "Recent" changes to compilation-mode?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: "Recent" changes to compilation-mode?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:55:55 +0300

> Yeah, there's a tiny arrow there.  The problem is that the diagnostics
> typically span several lines and are often quite dense, and the arrow
> isn't quite enough to help me distinguish the boundaries of the
> diagnostic being indicated by the arrow.  Would it be possible to add
> some kind of highlighting to the current error, similar to what I get
> when hovering the mouse over it?

Recently I proposed a patch that does exactly what you want, i.e.
highlights the whole current error message with a special user option.
You can get the patch here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-05/msg00561.html

This patch is too good for the coming release.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/