Re: vc-next-action not behaving

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: vc-next-action not behaving
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:08:17 +0200

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 21:10 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> In recent CVS builds of emacs (on NT), when I do `C-x v v' on an
> *unmodified* file under version control, and I get:
>
>   File is edited but read-only; making it writable
>   File is under version-control; use C-x v v to check in/out

When you visit the file initially, what version state does it show on
the mode line?  Does it show something like "CVS-1.1", or "CVS:1.1".
The latter would mean that Emacs already considers the file edited when
you first visit it.

Emacs considers the file edited if the time stamp in CVS/Entries and the
mtime of the working file do not agree.  You could check these time
stamps for an unmodified file, you could also try and step through
vc-cvs-parse-entry, to see if the time stamps are properly analyzed.

Maybe it's a timezone issue?