Re: org-mode and mode hooks.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: org-mode and mode hooks.
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:08:13 -0400

> The following changes fix both bugs, by using post-command-hook to
> check whether font-lock was enabled for the correct mode and adapting
> the turn-on function to be able to correct it.  I still will have to
> see whether this automatically fixes the second bug for other
> functions defined with define-global-mode, or whether some of them
> need a slightly different turn-on function too.

Can you explain the change?
I really don't like the

  (defun turn-on-font-lock-as-appropriate ()
    (let (font-lock-set-defaults)
      (turn-on-font-lock-if-enabled)))

since it may cause font-lock-keywords to be reset from font-lock-defaults,
thus throwing away keywords added via font-lock-add-keywords since.

        Stefan