Re: Customization group aliases

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Customization group aliases
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:12:16 -0700

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Perhas you're saying that the mh-e group is intended as an alias for
> the mh group.  Is that what you really want?  We could arrange some way
> of doing that.

That's correct. We would not want both "mh" and "mh-e" to appear in the
"mail" group.

However, I have not heard any reason why we shouldn't just rename the
"mh" group to "mh-e" and drop the alias so I've done that. At least with
completion, someone who enters just "mh" can discover that the group is
actually called "mh-e". This is not true in reverse which is why the
alias was created.

Since our next MH-E release is to be a major one, we can afford to make
such a change.

If a defgroupalias function is created, then we can use it to create a
"mh" alias.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD