Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

   Are you saying that if you have a .emacs-thumbs directory with a few
   hundreds files with names like "c!tmpimagemyfile.png.jpg" and
   "d!storemypicsdog734.tif.jpg" you're gonna delete them selectively

No, I am saying that if I have pictures like

    Barnacle-Bill-high-res.jpg.jpg
    Bob-by-airplane.jpg.jpg
    cottage-downstairs.png.jpg

I am going to delete them selectively.  For example,
Barnacle-Bill-high-res.jpg.jpg is a picture taken several years ago of
a named rock on Mars.  I might want to get rid of its thumbnail.

When the thumbnails are

    dscf0002.jpg.jpg
    dscf0003.jpg.jpg
    dscf0004.jpg.jpg

then I delete them all.  I do not want to spend the minutes it takes
to recreate thumbnails for the images in the directory for which I
mainly need thumbnails.  It takes too long.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8