TTY Vertical divider face?

From: Len Trigg
Subject: TTY Vertical divider face?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:41:58 +1200

Hi all,

How can I set the face used to display the vertical divider that
separates side-by-side windows (I am running in a TTY).  I was
initially told that modeline-inactive face would do the trick, but I
think my question was misunderstood.  It would seems a strange
omission if such a thing were not possible.

I have tried compiling emacs myself (actually the current multi-tty
branch), and I can see in dispnew.c where the '|' character is used
for the vertical divider, but do not understand how to associate a
face with that.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Len.