Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:20:01 +0200

> A few questions about thumbs.el:

First: I'm not the author, nor the maintainer; I just got interested
on thumbs.el because I'm working on the image support on Windows.

>   These are bugs and should be fixed.  I'm thinking of:

I agree.

> - I wish there was a way to put the thumbs directly next to the original
>   image files.  E.g. instead of ~/.emacs-thumbs/foo!bar!baz!toto!NNNN.jpg
>   I'd like to use ~/foo/bar/baz/.emacs-thumbs/toto_NNNN.jpg.

Ah. A .emacs-thumb subdirectory on each directory with images. That'd
be nice, but it would make cleaning old thumbs harder, wouldn't it?

Anyway, if the author doesn't fix these issues, I'll take a look at
them in a few weeks.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u