Re: The MH-E repository

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The MH-E repository
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:21:25 +0900

On 5/31/05, Bill Wohler <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2) Would
> the Emacs maintainers mind having the extra files mentioned previously
> in the lisp/mh-e directory or would they prefer any files associated
> with MH-E's life outside of Emacs to be kept outside of Emacs?

What _advantage_ is there to having them be included?

I maintain the synchronization of the Emacs tree Gnus files with the
Gnus tCVS ree, and files that are "only on one side " are not much of
a problem because they only really have an effect when added/deleted
-- and that's a fairly rare event.  So as far as I can see, there's
little reason to include such files.

BTW, I personally would prefer it if the non-lisp files would go in
"proper" locations, eg. image files in etc/images, etc.  I think Gnus
is a very good model to follow on this (though I'm a bit prejudiced
because of my association I guess...).

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.