Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:46:43 -0400

I think we will want to replace thumbs.el with tumme.el.
The developer of tumme.el is looking at adding in
all the features of thumbs.el so that nothing will be lost
through the change.

      the conventions (the reason for those conventions is that the file may get
      loaded without any intention to actually use the mode.  E.g. it may be
      loaded by Custom, or by the byte-compiler, ...).
      These are bugs and should be fixed.  I'm thinking of:

       ;; Make sure auto-image-file-mode is ON.
       (auto-image-file-mode t)

There is no reason now to use auto-image-file-mode.
I think Image mode is much better.