Re: Bootstrap fails on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bootstrap fails on w32
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 01:02:50 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

Perhaps it is Vader-style evil, after all. Today I've had the "intense

pleasure" of spending about three hours trying to understand why was I
able to do a MinGW build on one computer and GNU make ab-so-lu-te-ly
refused to work on another, identically set-up machine... till it
finally dawned on my that I had forgotten the "cvs update -kb"
incantation on nt/ (I don't usually read nt/INSTALL because I'm quite
familiar with its contents).

Great. Just great.

Perhaps it is not evil. Perhaps it helps us think (more). Maybe someone with big knowledge can add a test to makfile.w32-in that will found out whether the file is converted or not and tell those that dare to use it.

DV