Re: The MH-E repository

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: The MH-E repository
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:47:53 -0400

Bill Wohler <address@hidden> wrote:

> My two big questions are: 1) Is anyone against this, and why?

My only concern is having more people affected by broken code.  I don't
know how Emacs developers works because I don't track their daily work,
so maybe this isn't a relevant issue...

Sometimes in the past, a MH-E developer would _try_ something, possibly
a new way of handling something.  He would check the new code into CVS
and it might break the codebase a little while it was being finalized,
but it was checked in so other developers could try it out and give
feedback.  I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this anymore knowing that
I'm affecting Emacs for a far greater number of users.  I prefer that we
check in released version of MH-E that are known to work.

--
Peter S. Galbraith, MH-E developer  <address@hidden>
GPG key 1024/D2A913A1 - 97CE 866F F579 96EE  6E68 8170 35FF 799E