Re: Bootstrap fails on w32

From: jasonr
Subject: Re: Bootstrap fails on w32
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:51:08 +0100

Quoting martin rudalics <address@hidden>:

> Jason Rumney wrote:
>
>  >
>  > Rather than patch the source, can you please try to debug the startup
>  > code at the bottom of w32menu.c that decides whether to use Unicode
>  > menu names. Does Windows ME have a stubbed out version of
>  > unicode_append_menu (AppendMenuW) that does nothing? The code assumes
>  > that if its not supported, that function is not present.
>  >
>  >
>  >

> The last time I debugged C was more than a decade ago.  If you told me
> exactly what and how to do I could try.

Set a breakpoint at the start of the function globals_of_w32menu() in w32menu.c
(currently line 2541).

Step through the function, taking note of the value that is assigned to
unicode_append_menu. If it is NULL at the end of the function, then that is
what I would have expected and the bug is elsewhere. If it is not NULL, then we
need to find some other method of finding out if unicode menus are supported.