(no subject)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:56:27 -0500 (CDT)

Is there a reason why this-original-command, unlike this-command,
returns a non-nil value when no command is running?  The reason why
this originally annoyed me is no longer valid, so I do not need this
to be "fixed", but I thought that maybe it might just be due to an
oversight.  What about the patch below?  Grepping shows that
this-original-command, is only used in ido and cua.  Basically, I
believe that only Kim has ever used it.  What about the mini-patch
below?  I can install if desired.

===File ~/keyboard.c-diff===================================
*** keyboard.c  26 May 2005 10:40:35 -0500      1.826
--- keyboard.c  30 May 2005 17:14:15 -0500
*** 1522,1527 ****
--- 1522,1528 ----

        Vthis_command = Qnil;
        real_this_command = Qnil;
+       Vthis_original_command=Qnil;

        /* Read next key sequence; i gets its length.  */
        i = read_key_sequence (keybuf, sizeof keybuf / sizeof keybuf[0],