Re: org-mode and mode hooks.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: org-mode and mode hooks.
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:17:42 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I am not sure what problems those are.

Maybe I explained just when they occurred, but not what they are.

If you call font-lock-{add,remove}-keywords with nil for MODE inside a
parent mode's body instead of its mode hook, the keyword is not
enabled in the derived mode.  If the parent mode does call
font-lock-{add,remove}-keywords in its mode hook, the keyword may not be
enabled in the derived mode if any involved mode does not follow the
new conventions.

Sincerely,

Luc.