Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] forking issue on Windows XP?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:36:45 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:

I have had some troubles with the path formats and I hope you can
excuse me for mentioning this in this thread. These troubles related
to building Emacs on w32. I wanted to build with MSYS but it failed.
As far as I could see this was because of the file path conversions.
Therefore I have been following this thread with some interest. (I
had the insane idea of building MSYS myself.)

Have you tried the mingwPORT for emacs?  See
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=82721&release_id=295947
 for the file to download. BTW, building MSYS isn't that insane of an idea.
Sorry, I did not have the ability to test this before. Well, most of it runs well. I see no changes from the tests I made before (without the scripts you added). The same point fails as before, building of autoloads:

"./../bin/emacs.exe" -batch --no-init-file --no-site-file --multibyte -l autoload \
   --eval '(setq find-file-hook nil \
       find-file-suppress-same-file-warnings t \
       generated-autoload-file \
         "/d/emacscvs/msys/src/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el")' \
-f batch-update-autoloads /d/emacscvs/msys/src/emacs/lisp calc calendar emacs-lisp emulation eshell gnus international language mail mh-e net obsolete play progmodes term textmodes toolbar url Opening output file: no such file or directory, d:/d/emacscvs/msys/src/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el

This comes from the following in the Makefile in the lisp subdirectory:

lisp = $(CURDIR)
autoloads: loaddefs.el doit
   @echo Directories: $(WINS)
   $(emacs) -l autoload \
       --eval $(ARGQUOTE)(setq find-file-hook nil \
           find-file-suppress-same-file-warnings t \
           generated-autoload-file \
             $(DQUOTE)$(lisp)/loaddefs.el$(DQUOTE))$(ARGQUOTE) \
       -f batch-update-autoloads $(lisp) $(WINS)

As one can see from this script it is actually the output of $(CURDIR) that should be changed for this to work. So I misremembered a bit here.

Is there any way to get the current directory in native windows format instead?

Kind regards,
Lennart