Re: org-mode and mode hooks.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: org-mode and mode hooks.
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:01:47 +0900

On 6/7/05, Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:
>    So this patch would change the default appearance of comint prompts in
>    Emacs 22.  I don't know if the average user would be annoyed/confused
>    ("my prompts disappeared!") or happy ("ah those evil colorized prompts
>    are gone!") by such a change.
>
> Because recently several face properties got changed to font-lock-face
> properties, exactly the same remarks apply to several other types of
> buffers, for instance, the Buffer Menu.

Ok, then it's a general question.

I suppose the answer is really "it depends".  Many people probably
like some highlighting but not all.  It seems the sort of thing that
might actually be best handled by the concept of font-lock levels, but
my impression is that they are not really used these days, and that
it's fruit-salad or nothing.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.