Re: Comint read-only-prompt

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Comint read-only-prompt
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:28:35 -0500 (CDT)

I managed to duplicate the "Text is read-only" warning with a
different program.  But if I understand you correctly, if you set
comint-prompt-read-only to nil, you of course no longer get the
warning, but the duplicate input still does not get deleted.  That is
the behavior I observe with my program too (the mathematical software
package GAP).  GAP has a special command line option to get around
this when it is called from within Emacs.

I do not know which situations comint-process-echoes was designed to
handle, so I do not know whether the behavior I observe is a bug in
the comint-process-echoes implementation.

I will take a look at the "Text is read-only" warning.

Sincerely,

Luc.