Re: Unreliability in process output

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Unreliability in process output
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:23:01 +0000 (UTC)

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Wed, 2005 Jun  8  12:07 UTC
GNU Emacs 22.0.50.21 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.6.4)
built using bootfast
started with

    emacs/src/emacs -Q -D

After running PCL-CVS and vc-annotate

    > After emacs -Q, visiting src/window.c and then doing C-x v l gives
    > unreliable results.  Large chunks of the buffer are missing.

The same occurs with me, but only when I do this with an instance of
Emacs that has my .emacs file.  Then the beginning of lisp/files.el was
6553 bytes in even after applying the fixes that Kim Storm mentioned
from INSTALL.CVS and the beginning of the file appeared.

In the past, without that fix,     emacs/src/emacs -Q -D
also missed part of the buffer.

But after applying those fixes from INSTALL.CVS     emacs/src/emacs -Q -D
appears to work consistently.

I lack the time for the next few days to figure out what is happening
in my .emacs file.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8