Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:39:03 +0200

> The "bug" used to be there because Emacs required an integer number of lines
> on
> the screen. Now that Emacs handles different sized fonts, this restriction may
> not be needed anymore, in which case we should remove it completely on all
> platforms, not just for maximized frames on Windows.

Sure. Still, maximized frames on Windows have their own problems. I
have a custom function which uses w32-send-sys-command to maximize the
frame and I've been unable to make it work reliably (oftentimes
Windows and Emacs seem to differ about whether the Emacs frame is
maximized or not).

> But I am not convinced
> that scrolling code and other code that works with "pages" has been adapted to
> work with non inteeger numbers of lines measured in the default font yet.

What can we try to test that hypothesis?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u