Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:44:41 +0200

> I'm not sure what the convert.exe that comes with Windows does, but I assume
> it's of no use to thumbs.el.

No. It does convert FAT volumes to NTFS.

> OTOH giving preference to a convert.exe which is not in %windir%/* might
> indeed help make the code run in more circumstances, so it's probably a good
> idea

That's my first choice.

> (although it may still want to use a convert.exe found in %windir%/* if
> it couldn't find any other).

Hmm. Not sure about this one. I think the probability of having a
ImageMagick convert.exe in %windir% is very low on W9X/Me and zero, to
all practical effects, on W2K/XP (not sure about NT). The ImageMagick
distributions for Windows (there's a "standard" binary tarball and a
Cygwin package) do not install executables on %windir%.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u