Mysterious backslash in menu-bar-make-toggle.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Mysterious backslash in menu-bar-make-toggle.
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:47:15 -0500 (CDT)

I assume that the backslash removed by the patch below is a typo or the
result of confusion.  I am just checking to make sure that this is the
case.  I can install the patch if desired.  The backslash leads to
very bad looking docstrings.  Just do `C-h f toggle-debug-on-error RET'.
This produces:

toggle-debug-on-error is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `menu-bar'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <debug-on-error>.
(toggle-debug-on-error &optional interactively)

Toggle whether to enter Lisp debugger when an error is signaled.In an
interactive call, record this option as a candidate for saving
by "Save Options" in Custom buffers.

===File ~/menu-bar-diff=====================================
*** menu-bar.el 21 Apr 2005 07:56:06 -0500      1.258
--- menu-bar.el 09 Jun 2005 15:21:59 -0500
*** 606,612 ****
    `(progn
       (defun ,name (&optional interactively)
         ,(concat "Toggle whether to " (downcase (substring help 0 1))
!               (substring help 1) ".\
  In an interactive call, record this option as a candidate for saving
  by \"Save Options\" in Custom buffers.")
         (interactive "p")