Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:59:04 +0900

On 6/10/05, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> This doesn't alter the conclusions I sent in the previous message: on
> this terminal, and on xterm, Emacs should say that underlining is NOT
> supported.

That's correct for the linux console, but underlining _does_ work
properly on xterm (and on every other X terminal emulator  I've
tried).

As it seems unlikely for terminfo to be changed anytime soon (and
broken installations would remain for a long time anyway), it seems
that Emacs just needs to special-case the terminal name "linux" to
reflect that underlining isn't supported there.

Currently there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for overriding the
low-level C terminal code from lisp though.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.