Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:37:06 +0200

>> Please note that we are likely to replace thumbs.el with tumme.el,
>> which seems to be better in general.
>
> I know, but meanwhile I prefer to have a working thumbs.el.

While you are doing fixes in thumbs.el, you wouldn't care for merging all of
tumme.el into it, would you? ... :)

Seriously, I still have functionality to merge / recreate from thumbs.el into
tumme.el to make it have same or similar functionality. While doing that I have
been thinking if there are things in thumbs.el that we do not even
want. Examples of things I personally find somewhat "unecessary" is the setroot
("wallpaper") functionality. As a tumme.el user myself (yes, I created it for
myself so of course I use it... :) I would have done that from dired using a
simple dired-do-shell-command.

What do others say?

/Mathias