Re: Strange code in derived.el.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Strange code in derived.el.
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:32:23 +0200

>     Is the expansion of this define-derive-mode macro ever run in older
>     Emacsen?  Wouldn't delay-mode-hooks (used unconditionally) be missing
>     as well, then?
>
>     Shall I just delete the test?
>
> Please leave it alone.  There is no need to change this

Ok.

> and there are lots of other things that need doing so we
> can make a release.

I know: I'm working on them.  At the moment, I am trying to fix all
major modes that don't use run-mode-hooks and all derived major modes
that don't delay the running of their parent's hooks.  To make sure I
make no mistakes I was studying the code of define-derived-mode.  When
I see code I don't understand, I feel less confident about making
changes on related things.  Maybe you could explain the rationale
behind the test so that I can take that into account when I'm fixing
the derived modes?

Lute.