Re: emacs-buffer.gdb

From: Noah Friedman
Subject: Re: emacs-buffer.gdb
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

>> +        printf "%2d %c  %9d %-20s %-10ss\n", \
>                                          =
>This looks like a tyop.
>
>BTW, emacs-buffer.gdb deserves mentioning in etc/NEWS (and maybe in
>etc/DEBUG as well), and a better location for this file is
>src/emacs-buffer.gdb (where other gdb files are located) instead of
>etc/emacs-buffer.gdb.

Ed: Thanks for finding that.  I checked in a fix.

Juri: I'm indifferent about where it goes, but rms thought etc was a
reasonable place for it.  It's documented in etc/NEWS already and in
man/trouble.texi.  I suppose it could be mentioned in etc/DEBUG also, but
that file describes much lower-level detail.  emacs-buffer.gdb is really
just a lazy-man's graverobbing tool; hopefully little to no knowledge of
emacs internals should be necessary to use it.