Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:16:24 -0400

     > After seeing that nothing happens when you click links using mouse-1,
     > people will conclude that Emacs does not support clickable links.

    If they are able to to find mouse-1-click-follows-link in the manual
    then clicking on the scroll wheel shouldn't be too difficult.

We do not expect beginners to be able to find
mouse-1-click-follows-link.  Therefore, its default setting should be
one that enables beginners to click mouse-1 and follow the link.