Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:02:59 -0400

    >> - I wish there was a way to put the thumbs directly next to the original
    >> image files.  E.g. instead of ~/.emacs-thumbs/foo!bar!baz!toto!NNNN.jpg
    >> I'd like to use ~/foo/bar/baz/.emacs-thumbs/toto_NNNN.jpg.
    > What are the benefits of doing this?

    Locality.  I find the concept of locality to be extremely important.
    E.g. if I rename the directory "foo/bar/baz" to "off/bar/baz" it will just
    keep working without any need to recreate thumbs.  If I delete the
    directory, the thumbs will automatically be deleted with the images, ...

This would be quite convenient.