Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:07:51 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Double-tap, hold, release.  Same procedure as you do when you intend
> to drag a region.  Only that you don't drag.

I think I'm going to have to join the luddites and stick with 21.4,
though that'll probably be the latest release for many years to come
if the feature freeze continues to be as successful as it has been
over the last year.

There seems to be an increasing trend to make Emacs look and act like
a web browser in all contexts, making it frustrating to use for text
editing purposes.  Setting the point is basic functionality, and I
shouldn't have to cross my fingers, double tap, hold, turn around and
touch my nose to do it.

I notice today, we now have technicolor blinking in the modeline as
the mouse passes over it. What does tomorrow have in store, and when
will the new features stop coming?

Enough sounding like Dan Jacobson for today, but I do seriously think
things are getting out of control here.