Re: argument names for define-obsolete-*-alias

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: argument names for define-obsolete-*-alias
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:38:43 -0400

    Is everybody happy with the names of the `make-obsolete*' and
    `define-obsolete-*-alias' arguments?

    The alias being created is called FUNCTION or VARIABLE, and the symbol
    (or definition) being aliased, NEW. Now, I understand the rationale:
    NEW because it is the new, shinier name.

I can see how this could be confusing.  I suggest using names
OLD-OBSOLETE-NAME and CURRENT-RECOMMENDED-NAME.