Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:00:31 +0200

David Abrahams wrote:

I was almost pleased -- because I find down-mouse-2 ergonomically hard
to access -- but it was too confusing.  I actually think supporting a
mouse-1 double-click to follow those links would have made a lot of
sense, though.
I also think that using double-click is a much better way than using timeouts for resolving the problem with either setting point or following the link. This is commonly used in such situations on w32. In this case I would prefer that mouse-1 click sets the point and mouse double-click follows the link.

In buffers like help and info I think the best choice is the current (mouse-1 click follows link) since setting point there has less value (and is quite easy anyway).