Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:02:49 +1200

 > So again: please, let's fork, and be *very* strict about what goes
 > into the release branch. If people want to do fruit salad or, as Jason
 > puts it, "technicolor blinking" on the trunk, at least we'll have
 > another couple years or five before the next major release to see
 > things through and reach consensus.

Its not the changes that are going into Emacs that are holding up the release.
Its the requirement that all the items in the file FOR-RELEASE are completed
first.  That's Richard's choice, and clearly its his prerogative, but
completion of the list might take a long time.  If we fork now then every
change that is considered to be a bug fix will have to be applied to both the
head and the branch and it still won't speed up the release.

Nick