Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:15:09 +0200

On 6/14/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> So you can't judge the viability of taking core code (it sounds to me
> like that is what you did) by the viability of following example code.

The code for the memory data source in image.c is already pretty similar.

In any case, I found this bit from install.doc, which sums up the
situation perfectly:

   2. Microsoft C cannot pass file pointers between applications and DLLs.
  (See Microsoft Knowledge Base, PSS ID Number Q50336.)  So jdatasrc.c and
  jdatadst.c don't work if you open a file in your application and then pass
  the pointer to the DLL.  One workaround is to make jdatasrc.c/jdatadst.c
  part of your main application rather than part of the DLL.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u